Dry and patchy skin can be a nightmare. It is difficult to handle and come with many other issues. Flakiness, patchiness, and itchiness being the major ones. And most of us think putting on moisturizer is enough. But, no. Your dry skin needs more care and love. It needs some serum.
The Serum is amazing skincare ingredient with active ingredients that hydrate and nourish the skin. It is the extra punch of nourishment that your skincare town and are quite expensive. And if you want to give your skin this boost without putting a dent in your pockets, I have some DIY face serums for you.
These facial serums are very easy to whip up and economical as well. You can store these serums for future use and their shelf life is from 4-6 months, so once you whip them up, you are sorted for 6 months.
Let’s now have a look at these serums.
DIY Facial Serums for Dry Skin
1. Rosehip Seed Oil, Lavender Oil, and Sandalwood Oil Mix Serum
One of the best oils for the skin, rosehip oil has vitamins and fatty acids that hydrate the skin and prevent skin inflammation. Sandalwood oil has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that soothe and protect the skin and tackle the itchiness caused due to dry skin. Jasmine oil is an amazing way to add moisture to the skin without clogging skin pores.
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 4 drops rosehip seed oil
- 5 drops sandalwood essential oil
- 5 drops rose essential oil
- 5 drops jasmine essential oil
How to Use
- Take a dark glass dropper bottle and pour the rosehip seed oil into the bottle.
- Add lavender, jasmine, sandalwood and rose essential oil into the bottle.
- Close the lid and shake the bottle well or roll it in between the palms of your hands to mix all the ingredients well.
- Store this mixture in a cool and dark place.
- After you cleanse and tone the skin, take a few drops of the serum and massage your face in upward circular motions for a few seconds.
2. Jojoba Oil, Argan Oil, and Lavender Oil Serum
Very similar to the skin’s natural oil, sebum jojoba oil is highly moisturizing and helps to reduce the flakiness and patchiness. Besides, it has strong antibacterial properties that keep bacterial infestation at bay and leave you with clean and healthy skin. Argan oil has anti-aging properties and improves skin elasticity to give you plump and youthful skin. Lavender oil has antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that benefit and heal the skin and mix with other oils, it helps to hydrate the skin, thus tackling the issue of dry skin.
- ½ tablespoon argan oil
- 1 tablespoon jojoba oil
- 3-4 drops of lavender essential oil
How to Use
- Take a dark glass dropper bottle and pour the jojoba oil into bottle.
- Add the argan oil into the bottle.
- Add the drops of lavender essential oil, and close the bottle and shake well.
- Store the mix in a cool and dark place.
- Use this mixture as the serum after you cleanse and tone your face.
- Allow it to get absorbed into your skin for about 10 minutes before moving to the next skincare step.
3. Avocado Oil, Emu Oil, and Myrrh Oil Serum
Avocado Oil not only your skin hydrates and soothes, but it also boosts collagen production in the skin to leave you with supple and refreshed skin. Emu oil is an oil that is easily absorbed into the skin and this is a great ingredient to add hydration to the skin. Myrrh oil adds to mix by adding moisture to the skin and proving a relief to the chapped and itchy dry skin.
- ½ tablespoon Emu Oil
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 2-4 drops of myrrh oil
How to Use
- In a dark glass dropper bottle, pour the avocado oil into bottle.
- Add the Emu essential oil into it.
- Lastly, add the myrrh oil.
- Close the lid and shake the mixture well or rub it in-between your palms to mix all the ingredients.
- Keep store the bottle in a cool and dark place.
- Apply a few drops of this mixture on your face after you’re done cleansing and toning.
4. Jojoba Oil, Argan Oil, and Lavender Oil Mix Serum
The mixture makes up for great face serums to nourish, hydrate and rejuvenate dry skin. Jojoba oil, lavender oil, and argan oil add hydration to the skin while maintaining skin health. Palmarosa oil helps regulate sebum production in the skin and treat dry and damaged skin. Rich in anti-inflammatory properties, German chamomile oil helps to soothe dry and itchy skin.
- ½ tablespoon argan oil
- 1 ½ tablespoon jojoba oil
- 4 drops German chamomile essential oil
- 4 drops lavender essential oil
- 4 drops palmarosa essential oil
How to use
- In a dark glass dropper bottle, add the jojoba oil into it.
- Pour the argan oil into the bottle
- Now, add the above mentioned essential oils (lavender oil, German Chamomile and palmarosa oil) into it.
- Close the lid and shake the bottle well to mix all the oils.
- After you cleanse and tone your face, take a few drops of this serum and apply it on your face.