The enlarged, twisted, and bulging veins in the body are called Varicose Veins. Varicose Veins are most commonly found in the lower legs. This happens due to the pressure exerted on the lower body.
Reasons such as standing or walking for long hours, wearing heels, obesity, etc actively contribute to the forming of varicose veins. Leading a sedentary mode of lifestyle to add up to the chances of varicose veins.
Quick fact- Women are more commonly seen to be dealing with varicose veins in comparison to men. And it occurs majorly during pregnancy when the woman gains weight. Due to that weight gain, the pressure on the veins of the legs increases.
Let’s look at the other risk factors of varicose veins:
- Fluctuation in the hormonal balance
- Family history of varicose veins
- Not changing the body postures frequently
Many people assume varicose veins to be just a cosmetic or aesthetic concern. But as a matter of fact, it is a medical problem that needs to be resolved with the help of a doctor. If left untreated or neglected, varicose veins can lead to further complications that may become unbearable.
Here are the complications that a person may have to face if they leave varicose veins untreated for a long time:
- Hyperpigmentation of the affected skin area- When left untreated, varicose veins causes the blood from the veins to leak into the surrounding tissues. It is a really painful condition. This leads to swelling and the skin turns discolored and dark. This medical condition is called hyperpigmentation.
- Infections in the skin- Excessive stretching of the skin due to swelling of the veins puts it at a higher risk of contracting skin infections. Cellulitis is a skin condition that arises due to untreated varicose veins. It is marked by the red, sore, warm, and itchy skin around the varicose veins. Proper medication is necessary to get rid of it. Also, reducing the swelling due to bulging veins majorly helps with cellulitis symptoms.
- Forming of blood clots- A person who is not seeking proper treatment for varicose veins is at higher risk of the blood clots in the veins. The long-prevailing inflammation of the veins obstructs the normal flow of blood through them. Blood clots tend to develop when the blood starts pooling in the veins. This condition of the blood clots in the deep veins of the body is known as deep vein thrombosis. Deep vein thrombosis can prove to be life-threatening when the blood clot travels into the bloodstream. It can even result in a stroke if a blood clot moves to the brain.
- Chronic venous leg ulceration- Prolonged inflammation of the veins due to the pooling of the blood causes venous ulcers. It creates stinging pain and the constant heaviness in the legs. The affected skin also turns discolored because of the ulcers. In chronic cases, watery or purulent discharge starts to ooze out of the ulcers. Such a condition of varicose veins with the infected ulcers can really be a threat to your well-being.
- Inflammatory symptoms in the superficial veins of legs- The blood circulation to the veins that are right below the skin surface affects majorly because of the varicose veins. In the long run, this results in the inflammation of these superficial veins. Such a condition of inflammation is called superficial thrombophlebitis. The patient has to endure extreme pain and swelling in the legs.
- Hardened the tissues of the legs- The tissues of the legs can become stiff with time if a person lets varicose veins untreated. The stiffening of the tissues creates problems for the patient to even move the legs. Such a situation of extreme hardening of the tissues of the legs is called lipodermatosclerosis. It cannot be treated through home-remedies but only medically.
It is of course understandable that these complications of varicose veins are not easy to deal with. To prevent these complications from arising in the first place, you should ensure to get the proper treatment.
There are various treatment options to cure varicose veins in the initial stages. The treatment encompasses both, surgical and nonsurgical options.
The non-surgical treatment for varicose veins include:
This treatment, sclerotherapy requires injecting into the damaged bulging veins. It allows the veins to go back to their former normal size and shape. The solution injected guarantees that there will be no scarring and the blood clots left in the veins. Sclerotherapy takes up to 3-4 weeks to treat varicose veins. You can avail of this treatment easily in Delhi. There are plenty of highly skilled vascular doctors to treat varicose veins through sclerotherapy.
These stockings help in relieving the tension from the legs and enhance the blood circulation too.
Both of these treatments can be effective in mild cases. But there remains a possibility of varicose veins may recur. And, of course, no one wants to undergo the treatment for the same problem time and again.
In that scenario, being aware of the modern treatment that offers a permanent solution to varicose veins. You will be relieved to know that such an advanced surgical treatment exists. It is called the laser treatment that treats the varicose veins permanently
Laser treatment to get rid of varicose veins
The technologically-advanced laser-based treatment for varicose veins is precise and effective. It is non- invasive in nature and is entirely painless for the patient. The doctors use the high-intensity laser and direct it on the damaged veins to close them off. This makes the varicose veins shrink in size.
Being minimally laser treatment for varicose veins requires no incisions or wounds. It is carried out as an outpatient procedure that takes up just half an hour to be done with. The patient can go back home on the same day. Hence, there is no stress about spending the days in the hospital.
Is the laser treatment for varicose veins available in Delhi?
Owing to its increased reliability and preference, laser treatment is easily available in Delhi. Many health care providers, such as Pristine Care offer this minimally invasive treatment to do away with the troubles of varicose veins
Added advantages of the varicose veins laser treatment include:
- Smooth and recovery period of less than a week
- No deep wounds left to heal; nil post-operative complications
- Aesthetically pleasing treatment
- Zero chances of the reappearance of varicose veins
Laser treatment is definitely the smartest treatment choice to cure varicose veins. Reach out to a varicose veins specialist doctor in Delhi to know all about the laser treatment.
This is not all we have for you. We will also put forth some simple yet effective preventive tips for varicose veins
Yes, the medical treatment for varicose veins is necessary without a doubt, but there are a few things that you can do to prevent the varicose veins from getting complicated. This will reduce the chances of the inflammation of the veins of the lower legs.
- Staying active and exercising regularly (especially leg elevating exercises)
- Maintaining a normal body weight
- Increase the intake of foods enriched with fibers
- Refraining from excessive salt and caffeine
- Wearing flat comfortable shoes/ footwears
- Do not sit in the same position for long continuous hours
Bringing these tips into your life routine will significantly lower the chances of the inflammation of the varicose veins.
Keeping a regular check on the symptoms and immediately contacting your nearby specialist is a must to do to get rid of varicose veins. The longer you delay, the more complicated your condition may get.
Why suffer pain when you have the painless treatment easily available. It is even easier to look out for the right place in Delhi due to a plethora of experienced vascular doctors.